Physical and Chemical Properties of Gum Arabic :
Gum Arabic is a pale white orange brown solid that breaks with glassy fracture.
- Highly soluble in water and solution upto 55% can be obtained.
- It is insoluble in oils and most organic solvents.
- It is regarded as 95% soluble fiber.
- Gum Arabic contains neutral sugars like Rhamnose, Arabinose and
- It contains Glucuronic acid and 4
- Includes cationic components like calcium, magnesium, potassium and
o Molecular weight ranges from 200,000 to 300,000 and as high as