Peanut is one of the most important crops of oil grains. It is an important source of concentrated calories for human and animal food. It is used in many food industries. It is one of the most important crops from which oil is extracted. Its residues are used as animal feed.
It is useful for humans, animals and soil, so it contains:
- High percentage of oil up to 40-60%
- Proportion of protein is 16-28%
- Some important vitamins
- Some minerals
Acids needed by the human body.
In the western Sudan where Kordofan (especially North Kordofan) occupies a high production rate, the traditional rain-fed areas of North and West Kordofan are the main producers of beans In terms of area and production, as well as some clay areas where beans are grown depending on rain irrigation.
Production season: November to June.
Specification of the exported (pure beans):
- clean, mature and dry crust
- free of infected beans (with aflatoxins)
- the average number of beans beans 70-80 tablets per ounce as a minimum
- 3% maximum of empty and loose crusts and damage.
- 5% of impurities and foreign matter.
- 5% of the maximum humidity.
The cultivars are grown in the irrigated sector and the other two varieties are Ahmadi and Tuzi. In the rainfed sector, Sadri cultivars are also grown.